MetroBike, LLC is an internationally known bike-sharing consultancy and the first of its kind in North America. MetroBike assisted in the creation of North America’s first bike-sharing service, SmartBike D.C. and in the planning, implementation, and management of the U.S.‘s largest regional service, Capital Bikeshare.
Established in 2004 by Paul DeMaio, MetroBike has a client list which includes local and federal governments, non-profit and for-profit organizations, and universities in North America and Europe. We are unbiased in our evaluation of bike-sharing systems and assist organizations in finding the system best suited for their unique needs.
MetroBike can assist your organization with a variety of bike-sharing services which include:
RESEARCH & PLANNING
• research the feasibility of a bike-sharing system within your jurisdiction;
• write a public tender (i.e. Request for Proposals) to select a system and/or operator;
• write a proposal in response to a public tender;
• develop a station demand map to determine the quantity of bicycles needed for a dense network of stations;
• consider budgeting needs;
• select a bike-sharing system best suited for your needs;
• assist in the writing of a contract for your selected operator;
• assist with the establishment of the processes within your organization for the implementation of the service;
• determine exact station locations based on proven criteria;
• obtain permits;
• write a memorandum of understanding for a regional service;
• create content for your service’s website, station information panel, and map;
• develop your program’s policies;
• write a standard operating plan;
• develop membership packet materials;
• market the service;
• create a sponsorship opportunities package;
• evaluate your service once active through customer surveys and usage data analysis;
• relocate stations based on demand data; and
• determine expansion needs.
Contact MetroBike today to learn more about our services and how we can assist you.